A Million Points of Light is UPF's Fundraising Campaign for the month of Ramadan 2018. If we raise one million dollars, we will be able to do the following, God willing:
- Launch our first-ever narrative movie Lamya's Poem.
- Expand on our impactful Hollywood work, consulting numerous shows to develop authentic Muslim characters.
- Develop the Good Deeds short film series, highlighting amazing stories of Muslims and people of other faiths working together to tackle societies challenges.
- Reach 100 Million people through social media with our American Muslims and other films building on a proven strategy.
Your donation of $10,000, $5,000, $2500, $1000, or any amount makes all the difference. Please donate today at www.donate.upf.tv.
Lamya’s Poem, God willing, will be UPF’s first-ever narrative movie and first ever animated film. It humanizes a terrible humanitarian crisis through the story of a 12-year old Syrian refugee girl named Lamya, interwoven with the life and words of one of the world’s most famous poets, Jalaluddin Rumi. Lamya meets Rumi in a dream when he is also 12 years old and he is also a refugee, escaping the Mongol hordes. They take inspiration from each other throughout their respective journeys to find hope and to find home.
WHY THIS FILM?
- It is a story with worldwide appeal. Rumi is one of the most well-known poets in world history and animation expands the market.
- It will promote compassion for all people.
- It pushes UPF’s work into the world of narrative film, reaching new audiences with the goal of creating a greater understanding of Muslims and Islam.
UPF is currently in the fundraising phase of this film and seeks your help to identify grant opportunities, to donate and to organize fundraisers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.