A Million Points of Light is UPF's Fundraising Campaign for the month of Ramadan 2019. If we raise one million dollars, we will be able to do the following, God willing:
- Complete UPF’s first animated-film, Lamya’s Poem
- Expand our impact Hollywood work
- Build on our Muslim-Evangelical work using Sultan and the Saint
- Increase the use of our films in civic institutions
Your contribution of $10,000, $5,000, $2,500 or any amount that is meaningful to you helps expand our peace-building work. Please donate today at www.donate.upf.tv.
Lamya’s Poem, God willing, will be UPF’s first-ever narrative movie and first ever animated film. It humanizes a terrible humanitarian crisis through the story of a 12-year old Syrian refugee girl named Lamya, interwoven with the life and words of one of the world’s most famous poets, Jalaluddin Rumi. Lamya meets Rumi in a dream when he is also 12 years old and he is also a refugee, escaping the Mongol hordes. They take inspiration from each other throughout their respective journeys to find hope and to find home.
WHY THIS FILM?
- It is a story with worldwide appeal. Rumi is one of the most well-known poets in world history and animation expands the market.
- It will promote compassion for all people.
- It pushes UPF’s work into the world of narrative film, reaching new audiences with the goal of creating a greater understanding of Muslims and Islam.
UPF is currently in the fundraising phase of this film and seeks your help to identify grant opportunities, to donate and to organize fundraisers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.